Rep. Cartwright Announces $1.8 Million in HUD Funds to NEPA Housing Agencies
Washington – Today U.S. Representative Matt Cartwright announced that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has awarded an Operating Subsidy award totaling $1,863,085 to housing agencies across northeastern Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley.
The Operating Subsidy Award is awarded annually by HUD to Public Housing Agencies in order to help pay for operation and management costs for public housing.
“This past year, more than 15,000 people in Pennsylvania were without access to a house, one of our most basic needs,” said Rep. Cartwright. “These funds will allow these various agencies to continue to provide invaluable housing services to vulnerable Pennsylvanians.”
The following is a list of Operating Subsidy award recipients and the amount provided:
- Carbon County Housing Authority -$20,980
- Easton Housing Authority - $109,886
- Housing Authority of the City of Pittston – $83,079
- Housing Authority of the City of Pottsville – $158,376
- Lackawanna County Housing Authority – $283,626
- Northampton County Housing Authority - $10,408
- Schuylkill County Housing Authority - $156,374
- Scranton Housing Authority - $655,368
- The Housing Authority of the City of Carbondale - $41,184
- The Housing Authority of Monroe County - $109,459
- Wilkes-Barre Housing Authority - $234,345