Social Media Policy
The purpose of our social media platforms is for Congressman Matt Cartwright to communicate with his constituents living in the 8th Congressional District of Pennsylvania regarding his work in Washington, D.C., and Northeastern Pennsylvania and for his constituents to provide pertinent feedback regarding those communications.
Comments must not:
- Be unrelated to the purpose of social media platform or are not topically related to the specifics of the posting.
- Content that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue or negatively affects other users' ability to engage in discussions.
- Contain fighting words, graphic or gratuitous violence, vulgar language, racist or discriminatory language, profanity, nudity, obscene or indecent language or sexual content, or false representations of fact.
- Promote or incite illegal or fraudulent transactions or activities.
- Threaten, intimidate, harass, or defame any person or organization.
- Constitute “spam,” such as content that appears to be from bots or repetitive, copy-paste statements.
- Are commercial in nature, such as advertising, promotion, or endorsement of services or products.
- Contain personally identifiable information about another individual.
- Misrepresent the commenter’s identity or affiliation.
- Contain links to any other website.
Please be respectful and constructive when posting comments or content on Congressman Cartwright’s social media pages. Any content posted in violation of this comment policy may be removed. Repeated violations may limit your ability to comment on our social media pages in the future.